Driven by the power of media to inspire change, Dinushi is a journalist and producer regularly involved in social projects including co-producing Daughter, a short film raising awareness about victim-blaming and gendered violence.
She attended the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and heads Melbourne-based production house Dinushi & Power. Prior to this, Dinushi founded film production group We Love It Productions and produced a range of online video content.
She was also the chief reporter of Australia’s leading startup news site StartupSmart, where she produced a range of multimedia stories including its first podcast series ‘The Audacity to Fail‘ featuring guests like Shark Tank investors Janine Allis and Steve Baxter, and ‘Starting Change’, now on iTunes, to encourage the creation of profit with purpose across the business sector.
Key services: Host and speak on live panels | Present and produce video, film and podcasts | Voice-overs for TV, film and corporate video
2016 Memorable Moments:
- Attended the Cannes Film Festival with the Nexus Production Group
- Co-producer and public relations manager, Daughter (Dir. Sarah Jayne) | Featured in the 69th Cannes Film Festival’s Short Film Corner | Proudly supported by St Kilda Gatehouse and the City of Port Phillip
- Reported on the Dreamforce conference from San Francisco
- Present on live panel talks for Private Media, General Assembly, Parks Victoria, Future Assembly and various events.
2015 Memorable Moments:
- Pitched The Social Hub to investors on behalf of YGAP as project team member
- Hosted Made In Melbourne session and interviewed winning film cast and crew (Prod. Nexus Production Group | Venue. The Backlot Studios)
2014 Memorable Moments:
- On the judging panel for the 2014 Antenna Awards celebrating community TV
- VIP guest at Splendour in the Grass as TV presenter for Melbourne’s 1700
- One of the top three VIC candidates interviewed for ABC’s 2015 cadetship program
- Interned at StartUpSmart, ABC Breakfast News and Southern Cross News (+The Age in 2012)