Driven by the power of media to inspire change, Dinushi is a journalist and producer regularly involved in social projects including co-producing Daughter, a short film raising awareness about victim-blaming and gendered violence, and The Gender Project, a web series on gendered identity.
She attended the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and is the founder and executive producer of We Love It Productions.
As a journalist for StartupSmart, she launched its first podcast series ‘The Audacity to Fail‘ featuring guests like Shark Tank investors Janine Allis and Steve Baxter, and is currently producing the upcoming series ‘Starting Change‘ to raise awareness about corporate social responsibility.
Key services: Video / audio series production | Public relations support | Project management | Acting, presenting and voice-overs for TV, film and corporate video
What’s on this year:
- StartupSmart and Smart Company journalist and podcast series producer / presenter
- Attended the Cannes Film Festival with the Nexus Production Group
- Co-producer and public relations manager, Daughter (Dir. Sarah Jayne) | Featured in the 69th Cannes Film Festival’s Short Film Corner | Proudly supported by St Kilda Gatehouse and the City of Port Phillip
- Producing The Gender Project documentary with We Love It Productions (apply here)
2015 Memorable Moments:
- Pitched The Social Hub to investors on behalf of YGAP as project team member
- Hosted Made In Melbourne session and interviewed winning film cast and crew (Prod. Nexus Production Group | Venue. The Backlot Studios)
2014 Memorable Moments:
- On the judging panel for the 2014 Antenna Awards celebrating community TV
- VIP guest at Splendour in the Grass as TV presenter for Melbourne’s 1700
- One of the top three VIC candidates interviewed for ABC’s 2015 cadetship program
- Interned at StartUpSmart, ABC Breakfast News and Southern Cross News (+The Age in 2012)